Triton X-100 is classified as a substance of very high concern under REACH and can therefore only be used in the EU with official approval. Tergitol ™ 15-S-9 is a biodegradable alternative to Triton X-100. The non-ionic detergent contains a secondary ethoxylated alcohol group, creating a “T” -shaped molecular structure.
- Isolation, purification, and analysis of membrane components
- Solubilizing hydrophobic proteins
- Quickly and easily soluble, odorless
- Compatible with anionic, cationic, and other non-ionic detergents
- Easily biodegradable (OECD 301E)
Further information: Tergitol™ 15-S-9